Monday, February 20, 2012

Scrap Cards

Still using up some of my scraps, from My Minds Eye stash.  These are just general cards for various occasions, thanks, illness, missing you.  I used the idea referenced in yesterday's post but turned the scrap pieces on their sides and added more to go the length of the card from top to bottom.  I also staggered them to add some visual interest.  I added some pretty green ribbon edged with gold from my stash.  For the sentiment I used my Sizzix Decorative Labels dies and stamped my sentiment in Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink then ran it through my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I added a green pearl on each side of the label then popped it up on pop dots.


Next I took my Stampin Up lacy border punch and punched the same scraps used above and layered them from the bottom of the card about half way up the card.  I used some olive green satin ribbon and laid that over the edge of the top scrap to give it a finished look.  On the sentiment label I stamped in green and added green pearls to complete the look.  I also popped this label up as well.

Last, I grabbed my Martha Stewart punches and started playing.  This particular punch looks like a starburst...I'm not sure of the name of it and apologize for that...it went really well with the paper scraps I chose as it has somewhat of a starburst pattern. I used the punch around the page punch and punched along one side of each strip.  I punched four strips and laid one along the left edge and one along the right edge of the card.  The remaining two strips I put down the center of the card and backed up the straight edges to each other.  I used the large starburst punch and punched a 2 inch starburst out of the same paper.  I pulled a golden rod paper and punched a small 1 1/4 inch circle and a cut a large 2 1/2 inch circle.  I stamped my sentiment on the smaller circle and mounted on top of the starburst and then mounted the whole thing on the 2 1/2 in. circle and added a gold jewel at the bottom.  I put pop dots behind the circle to lift it off the page.  I really like the way it turned out.

And finally, my friend Shawn has designed her own set of sentiment stamps.  She is selling a small number of sets and if you are interested you can check them out here.  She is offering a great deal on them...there are 22 stamps in the set.  A great addition to your stamp collection for a really reasonable price. 

 
I really love to get comments, so please feel free to leave one.  See you around...until then, Imagine, Create and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Deb, Love these. Love scrap cards and these are beauties. P.S. Yesterdays comment by Mani is spam, those links are spyware you might wanna delete it under comment moderation.

    ReplyDelete