Saturday, February 18, 2012

Retirement Cards

There are a number of my co-workers who are retiring in the next month or so...I needed to make some retirement cards.  I had a number of scraps of different travel papers I had used for a couple of different projects awhile ago so decided to use them up for the retirement cards.  These were inspired by cards shown here and here.  The first one I used a stamp that says Bon Voyage, but it is a little difficult to read.  After that I found a clearer stamp with the same words.  This first one I layered three different pieces of travel paper and added a shimmery ribbon at the top.  I then stamped the the Bon Voyage on an embossed tag from a Cuttlebug die.  I inked it up with some Tim Holtz distress ink and added three little bling on the top schwoopie!
On these next two shots I ended up using one of edge punches and gave them either a scalloped edge or a diamond edge on each of the three different patterned papers.  I still added some glittery ribbon below the sentiment and then inked and added the other Bon Voyage sentiment which was a little more readable.  I also added a little bling on the edges and on the bottom one I added pearl accents to the outsides of the sentiment tag.  The single picture shows the detail of the punched edges.  Ribbon is all from sales at Michael's and Jo Ann's Fabrics.




On these final shots I found a Good Luck stamp and utilized the smaller scraps and the idea referenced above from Pinterest.  I had seen this idea previously with bigger squares as a background or base for a larger sentiment but hadn't thought about using it for smaller scraps of paper.  I also added paper flowers I cut using my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die cut.  I love this die...it is so versatile!  I added some pearl bling and decorative brads.  I only added ribbon to one because the other ones I felt had enough embellishment with the flowers or the sentiment tag in the middle.  These sentiment tags are actually Sizzliet dies their Decorative Label Set #4.

Imagine, Create, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment