Sunday, March 8, 2015

Retirement Party Favors

Recently my supervisor retired.  We had a luncheon for her and decorated with a theme of the things she enjoyed doing.  She loves to golf and fish, she loves angels, and loves to cook among other things.  She also loves the color burgundy.  We decided to go with the burgundy color theme with flower vases as centerpieces with some angel figures around the base.

Instead of standard photo of the honoree with a mat that everyone could sign with their wishes, I thought it would be fun to do something a little different.  Along with the help of my trusty Cricut machine, I cut some golf ball size circles, some golf tees and a lady golfer.  I then picked up a little artsy wood piece on a stick at Michael's and painted it green for the look of a golf green. I cut the words I love Golf from the Sports Mania cartridge. I did those in a burgundy toned paper with beige overlay and then cut white golf balls with a green shadow.

So we could also incorporate her love of fishing into the decor, I took a little chalkboard on a stick (from Michael's) and cut the words Fishes Wishes from green card stock and cut an old fashioned fishing reel and fish basket from the Father's Day cartridge.  For both bowls I used clear round fish bowls and anchored the golf sign in the first bowl in a piece of white Styrofoam with real golf balls to hold it in place. For the Fishes Wishes sign I used another piece of foam and added some of the blue-green tones of flat looking marbles in the bottom to hold that sign in place and make it look like a fish bowl!  I then used an old-fashioned fish die cut plate and cut some fishes for people to write more wishes.  I actually think it turned out very well.  I think people enjoyed the different way to express their good wishes to the honoree and they could do it at their leisure throughout the lunch hour potluck.

All in all the decorations turned out quite nicely, done by a wonderful group of co-workers who pulled together to make a very memorable luncheon for the retiree!



See you soon as I catch up with some of my projects from the holidays!  Imagine, Create, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment