Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Christmas Cards

There are many, many pins on Pinterest on how to use paper scraps, so this could be a compilation of different posts I've seen.  I chose to make my Christmas cards this last year using scraps. I used Christmas papers, plain white and a soft beige pre-made cards picked up at Michael's packaged with envelopes.  I chose to punch 1 inch squares two in patterned paper and two in a coordinating solid card stock and then arranged them in groupings of four both diagonally and horizontally on the card stock.  I punched snowflakes (using a Martha Stewart snowflake punch) out of a sparkly white paper to act as accents.  I assembled the grouping of four using pop dots to pop the squares off the card stock and also popped the snowflakes off of the grouping and added a jewel to the center of the snowflake.

After the squares and snowflakes were placed on the card stock I stamped two different holiday sentiments underneath the above arrangement and then added a different stamped sentiment on the inside of the cards.  Finally, I used a variety of narrow ribbon I had in my stash in colors that matched the scrapbook papers and tied it around the fold line of the cards.  This was a quick and easy little project and I was pleased with the end result.

Imagine, Create, and Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment