Sunday, August 14, 2011

Scrap Cards

Since moving again this last June, I have struggled to find time to craft.  Partially due to our son having moved in with us, we have down sized once again, and the main factor: I'm still getting unpacked.  We've unpacked the majority of our stuff...but since downsizing we have a smaller space, about 300 ft. smaller and my son is now living in what is supposed to be my craft room.  This weekend though, I pushed him out of his room and out of the house, set up my craft table, and set to work.

I've been trying to use up scraps and had started a couple of different cards.  This set are general notecards in a Disney themed set.  I used the paper scraps from the patterned Disney papers and matched them up with red, black, and yellow.  I used a side open orientation and a standing orientation on the cards.  I also used a decorative border punch to add a little variety to one of the cards.  I have a Mickey head punch and used that to spruce up the cards and as my signature spot on the back of the cards.  I added white cardstock inside and left them all blank inside so the recipient can use and personalize them as they see fit.

I then made a card holder with bright yellow paper and one of the other Disney patterns mounted on the top.  I added bling on the corner which is a little jeweled Mickey head in red and used some Mickey grommets for the edges of the folder to add ties for the folder.  The folder holds five note cards and five envelopes.  I chose not to label the outside which will allow the recipient to reuse it for anything they want.

Imagine, Create, Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Darling set! I have that paper (I know, shocker) I am going to have to scraplift your adorable idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete