Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day Card

I have recently gotten some Martha Stewart punches.  They are the deep edge Aster punch, the Starburst punch around the page border and corner punch and the Starburst punch around the page punch that allows you to punch anywhere on the page (i.e., in the middle of the paper).  They had been sitting on my craft table, staring at me...you know...you buy something cuz you think how cute it would be to do a project like that, and you get the item and then it sits and stares at you...at least some of my supplies do that!  Not with everything, but with a few things.  Anyhow, I digress...I decided Mother's Day was the perfect time to use these punches.  After a few attempts with the punch around the page punch I got the idea.  First of all, the way these punches are set to work, you must have evenly sized paper on all sides (if I'm wrong, someone please enlighten me!).  If you don't, you get some half punched flowers or starbursts and others with holes in them.  After I figured that part out it turned out to be pretty easy.  I used purple card stock to punch around for the background against which I mounted some pretty patterned paper from K&Company's Botanical Specialty paper pad by Susan Winget.  She makes some beautiful papers.  I stamped my Mother's Day sentiment on the patterned paper.  I then had a background to mount the butterflies I had cut with my Sizzix machine and my SU! butterfly die.  I then added a large Aster flower made with the deep edge punch out of contrasting green color and added some bling.  What card or project is complete with out a little bling.  I mounted all of this on a specialty white iced looking paper.  On the inside of the card I used my butterfly stamp and stamped butterflies on the left edge of the card, then covered one of the stamped images with a pretty, glittery, blinged out butterfly, and added another butterfly die cut from the Sizzix and added the schwoopie in the lower right corner.  I thought it turned out pretty nice.  My mother-in-law liked it which is the important part!  Thanks for visiting today.  Hope to see you again soon!
Imagine, Create, Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Deb! You are a bloggin and crafting fool. You have been doing so much! I just love them all. The blog looks great. You need to come over and inspire me...I am in a slump! So much fun, so little time. I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete