Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Birthday Cards

May is another one of those months for my family...lots of birthdays along with a number of friend's birthday's, Mother's Day, graduations.  So...this weekend has been about birthday card making and attending birthday parties.  I needed a couple of girl birthday cards and some guy birthday cards.  Here is what I came up with for the gals.
This one uses paper from the Far East paper pad by DCWV.  I inked around the edges of the card and then  mounted this smaller square on the card stock after stamping the sentiment...I added a butterfly with some bling on the front. Inside I cut a smaller piece of the butterfly paper from the Far East pad and the took another piece from the pad and cut the two rosettes with my Tim Holtz rosette die.  Love that die!

Here is the next one.  I used some paper from a 4x6 pad of the K&Company Susan Winget's Spring Blossom specialty pad.  I added birthday wishes on the outside, some bling to the printed paper flowers,
and then a paper flower of maroon and yellow, a die cut butterfly below the stamped sentiment, with maroon ribbon tied around the spine of the card.  Inside is a birthday wish, a schwoopie on the bottom and another one of those fun rosettes.  I added a pop up butterfly accent along with a small maroon ribbon there to complement the outside ribbon.  Since the die cuts two rosettes, I put the larger one on the outside of the envelope to spiff it up!

Now on to the guy cards.  I used Kraft stock for two of the three cards and then some ivory card stock that I inked up around the edges to give a kinda grunge look if you will.  The first one I also used my Cricut for the sentiments on the outside.  It was fun mixing and matching from my Cricut cartridge.
These next two are similar, I liked the idea for the first one and decided to duplicate it a little on the next one.  I used paper from the new Tradewinds stack by DCWV.  It has papers that will go well for both guy and girl cards.  Can't wait to make some more.

The card on the left used ivory  card stock the one on the right Kraft paper.  I used the Cuttlebug slider die cuts to make the little sentiment tags to put on the ribbon.  Used brown ribbon, and then attached the buttons from my stash.  All in all, I think it was a pretty productive weekend.  I hope you enjoyed today's post.  Thanks for stopping by, have a great week.
Imagine, Create, Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great cards!!! You just goin' to town w/that rosette die....addicting, huhhhhh???? LOL
    Love the cards...

    ReplyDelete