Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Photo Book/Journal

My niece Teri crafts through sewing.  She inherited a fabric supply when my mom, her grandma passed away awhile ago and she has been busy with her own set of projects.  We are now in the process of bartering goods back and forth…her bags for my paper crafts.  Why do I mention this you ask?  She asked me to make a different kind of journal for her as part of my barter payment.  It is more of a photo/journal album than a straight journal.  Because she makes quilts, she wanted a book to put pictures into and then be able to journal on the pages to add details about the specific quilts.  I think it turned out quite beautifully.

These papers are by K&Company, Susan Winget’s beautiful Spring Blossom floral paper pad and embellishments. I also tried a new idea.  I wanted to create a clasp/closure on this one and found some beautiful buttons by Bazzill called Bazzill Buttons. I took the button and sewed it on the front of the book through the cover.  I then covered the inside with matching card stock.  On the back cover I cut a length of elastic and glue mounted it with a loop sticking out the end.  I then put additional reinforcing photo mount squares over the elastic, and matching card stock covered it on the inside back cover.  The word Quilts is chipboard cards that match also from Susan Winget collection as are the butterflies on the front cover.   






Until next time.  Imagine, create, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment