Thursday, May 9, 2013

Punch Birthday Cards

Lots of birthdays coming and going so needed to craft some cards.  I've been seeing a number of posts on Pinterest using punches.  I've admired them, but not yet tried the technique.  Time to do so!  There are two different pins I used for these cards...the first is here.  The cards are for women...I know they like to shop and they like their purses which is why I fell in love with this design.  I was using up scraps of paper and pulled both of these together.  The first one used some K& Company paper scraps leftover from one of my projects.  I actually pulled the majority of the papers from my scrap box just using a new piece for the card base.  I used my Swiss dots embossing folder for the ivory card stock and I always try to emboss the flap of the envelope too!  I think it just adds a little punch to the project!  I used the rounded tab punch for the purse bodies and added some jute cord I had for the handles.  For the flaps of the purses I used a small scalloped square and cut it in half diagonally and attached it to the top of the purse.  I added a small pearl for the clasp on the purse.  Once complete I mounted them on the squares the same color as the card base and then on to the ivory strip that I had embossed with Swiss dots.  All of that I mounted on to the green card stock base leaving enough room for my sentiment along the bottom.


For the second card I again used some scraps from another project and added orange as my base color to tie everything together.  I changed the orientation to replicate the original idea but offset the three purse squares as I was adding the sentiment square in the lower right corner.

The other idea from Pinterest is found here.  The paper I chose had an Asian influence in the design and I utilized the large circle scallop punch and the tab punch to create my dresses for these two cards.    The first card I used a a beige and brown card stock to complement the colors in the dress skirt and pulled a reddish card stock for the top of the dress.  I added some bling to the embossed card stock and to the top of the dress.  I popped up the sentiment and added bling to it to.


For the second card I used a gold card stock to complement the gold threads running through the skirt and added some red bling to the top.  On both of these I tied slim ribbons around the center of the tab punch to create the idea of a waist and a belt.


I think they turned out really cute and I'm looking forward to giving them!  Until next time, Imagine, Create, Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment