Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day

Capitalizing on the punch idea for Mother's Day, I had found another Pinterest idea here.  I used some more of my Asian inspired paper but I made both the top and the bottom of the dress out of the same paper.  I still used the tab punch for the top, but I took my scallop punch and punched across the top edge to give a scalloped edge to the top of the dress. For the skirt I took off the sides of the scallop and used those as layers so it gives the appearance of ruffles.  I tied up the waist of the dress with a gold edged ribbon and added some red bling along the top of the dress.  I used the SU! butterfly sizzlet and punched it out of the same paper and added bling along the spine of the butterfly.  I cut the strip for the sentiment and stamped it.  I then added a small flower in the corner with some more bling!  Finally to finish it off, I mounted it all on a reddish card stock on top of tan for the base of the card.  I added the same ribbon I used for the dress sash for the edge of the card and tied a little metal butterfly I had in my stash to finish it off!

That's it for this one.  Take care and Imagine, Create, and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment