Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Panorama

This month's Monday2Create evening focused on a Christmas Panorama.   My friend Tina over at The Crazy Stamp Lady had featured a Christmas Frame gift box she did last year for Christmas gifts.  One of the options was a panorama of the Nativity.  We decided to make this the project for this month's group and liked the idea of doing it using blue papers.  I popped over to Jo Ann's for some blue papers, various shades, and I picked up a silver pigment stamp pad.  I have many blue and silver Christmas decorations so this project was made to blend with the rest of my decorations.

We chose three shades of blues, the outside piece stayed a 12 x 12 paper, the mat for the panorama was cut to 10 x 10, and then the third piece of paper was cut into 3 x 3 squares and then stamped with the images for our picture.  Frames with scripture, the Nativity scene and wishes for Peace on Earth, and the rest of the elements of the Nativity, shepherds, wise men, Bethlehem, the Star.  I chose to ink my stamps with silver pigment ink by Colorbox, and then added Embossing Tinsel with silver in it and embossed each frame.  I added a silver jewel to the middle of the star over Bethlehem.  Once I completed stamping and embossing all of the frames I added pop dots to the back and centered the frames, three in each row and column to reveal the Christmas story.  Once it was completed, we added some shimmer mist to the entire project.  I had picked up a white shadow box frame at Jo Ann's and framed the completed project.



It's a little hard to see the glitter and sparkle but it is there.  I love the colors and the simplicity.  Until next time, Imagine, Create, Enjoy.


1 comment: