Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Fall Decorating!

October came and our monthly craft group was once again looking for ideas...Pinterest to the rescue!  We found this cute idea shown here for a framed craft.  I decided to go with something in the fall theme as my Fall and Thanksgiving decorations are not as plentiful as say my Christmas decorations.  Once again I attempted to use everything from my own stash and was fairly successful!  I do believe Tina contributed some of the stamps and ink for the sentiment and she found great frames at Wal-Mart for $3.  I picked up one package of KandCompany fall accent pieces/die cuts and was ready to roll.

I used a solid piece of Gemstones tan card stock for the back ground and I used five different 1/4" ribbons and one 3/4" ribbon from my stash.  I pretty much followed the Pinterest idea for the basic layout, but added my own personal touches.  I utilized the die cuts around the centered sentiment piece rather than offset it to the left.  I used a golden colored card stock and chose a fairly large sentiment stamp so needed something to make it pop from the other brown tones.  I added a scalloped edge die cut in a deep reddish/burgundy behind the sentiment oval.  I added a small brown bow at the top of the sentiment and jeweled up both the sentiment and the background die in gold jewels. It's a little hard to see the shimmery paper with this picture.

I think it's time for some Christmas projects!  Imagine, Create, and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment