Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Motorcycle Bag

Recently my neice gifted me with a book bag she had made with fabric scraps she inherited when my Mom, her Grandma passed away.  I was so impressed with the bag I asked her to make one for my co-worker Jayne for her birthday.  Jayne and her hubby Jim ride motorcycles, Harley Davidson motorcycles to be exact, so do my neice Teri and her husband Dan.  I knew she would be able to make what I was looking for because she had the practical experience and knowledge of Harley Davidson's and would be able to get the dimensions for the bag down.  Jayne loves bling.  She is the Queen of Bling (love ya, Jayne!) and she is the first to admit it. I wanted something that Jayne could put in the buckets on the bike, so it had to be functional as well as cute.  I think Teri exactly captured what I wanted in this bag.

It has a quilted solid bottom in a grey-black color and patterned sides with pink pockets on the outside.  The patterned fabric is Betty Boop on her motorcycle.  She coordinated the colors on the outside and added bling to the pockets and the outsides of the bag.  This pocket is a double pocket, one next to the outside of the bag and under the striped flap is another pocket.  Teri also added a coordinating purple pink fabric around the top of the bag. It has a zippered top and shoulder handles.  The shoulder handles go down the sides of the bag next to the pockets on each side.
Inside fabric
Inside pockets













The inside of the bag is a different patterned fabric, again Betty Boop on her motorcyle but it is in black and white with pink outlined hearts.  Teri used the striped fabric used on the outside pocket to make a series of pockets around the inside bottom of the bag.  All in all I think it turned out fabulous and Jayne seems to like it which is the important part.    

Thanks for stopping by today.  Imagine, Create, Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE MY BETTY BOOP BAG!!!! I am thrilled at how functional and great looking it is... THANK YOU SO MUCH...it was the perfect bday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, thanks for asking me to confirm your authorship of your blog. I hadn't read all your posts yet so was pleasantly surprised you had written about the Betty Boop bag. Thanks so much. I get great pleasure from the fact that others enjoy my projects. Of course Grandma is always with me when I sew so besides a joy in creating something special for someone else I feel a connection to her whom I miss every day. I'm very happy your friend likes the bag and I hope Betty sees wonderful and exciting places.

    ReplyDelete