Monday, June 6, 2011

Graduation Cards – Part 1

Lots of graduations this year for us!  Two in our family alone!  I was looking for a sample of a graduation cap card and found a few great tutorials on You Tube.  The one that I really liked was this one by Dawn Olchefske who is a Stampin Up! demonstrator.  I changed up her design by using the school colors for each of the graduates.  First I did one in a royal blue and orange, the colors for Consumnes Oaks High School here in Elk Grove.  After cutting the backing cardstock in the blue and marking the fold lines I added orange inserts to the graduation cap lid and the bottom of the card.  I added some orange cording with a black brad to anchor the tassel to the top of the hat and on the orange paper inside the cap I stamped Celebrate and You Rock!  I added some deep blue bling to match the cap color.  I chose to add Jolee’s Boutique graduation stickers to this one.  I cut them apart and modified them slightly so they would fit (mostly) under the fold down section of the cap.  I think this one turned out pretty cute!
Card Closed

Card Open











The next two cards I did are for my nieces.  Both are in the same family and both graduate on the same day, one in Northern CA and one in Southern CA!  Rob and Lisa will have fun getting to both of those functions!  Anyway, because the girls haven’t yet opened the cards, you will have to tune back in to see what their cards look like.  Each one is different.  I can’t share them yet as I know at least one of the girls checks out this blog and I don’t want to ruin the surprise!

Come back by soon!  In the meantime, Imagine, Create, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment