Sunday, November 6, 2011

More Anniversary Cards

I know, I know, I'm getting a little repetitive...I've had a lot of anniversary's and romance lately!  I wanted to try my new Sizzix die that I picked up at the Scrapbook Expo a couple of weeks ago.  I hadn't seen it in the local stores and was excited to get it.  It is a Card w/Floating Frames 3-D (Pop-Up) die.  It is way cool and gives a different look for the inside of your card.  I decided to make a couple of anniversary cards with it.  Sorry for the background color, my light box and available lighting is a little off right now.
  The first one uses some of my paper from KandCompany's Susan Branch collection.  I used it for the background of the card and added my sentiment on top of solid paper in purple hues cut out with my Spellbinder's dies.  I added some bling and a sparkly ribbon in pinks to coordinate with the background paper of pinks, orangish-yellows and purple.  For the inside I used the Sizzix die to cut the floating frame out of the paper that matches the card stock used for the back of the card.  What I love about this die is the floating frames in the middle of the cut.  It folds in when the card is closed.  The die has score lines to show you where to fold the frame and you use the middle score lined up with the middle of the card as your center for mounting the floating frame inside the card.     I added solid colored lavender paper that matches the front of the card and cut it in the shape of the two floating sections.  I stamped my sentiments on them, added some bling and stamped Happy Anniversary in the lower right corner of the card.
The shot below shows a little better definition of how the floating frame part of the card works and folds in on itself. 
So I did a second card with a patterned outside and a solid inside instead of a pattern as seen above.  This one turned out nicely too!  With the solid paper on the inside of the card I think you can see the floating frame more easily.  I did it in a pearlized pink paper that matched what is on the front and stamped in purple on the floating frames.  On the front I used pearlized white on pink and stamped in purple there.


On this inside floating frame I stamped on the frame itself a little butterfly and added some bling to make it stand out.  I stamped Happy Anniversary in the lower corner of the card.

I can't wait to make some more cards with this handy little die.  It makes a unique card.  Until next time, Imagine, Create, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment